Holiday home insurance

Holiday Home Insurance

Specialist insurance cover for your second home. Call us on 0333 234 1507 or request a quote.

  • With over 15 years' experience insuring non-standard homes, we know that flexible cover and great price are important to you
  • Our expert non-standard property team understands your unique situation and can provide you with insurance options to protect your property


A holiday home, or a second home, can be great for relaxing getaways or as a source of income. However, it may be difficult to get cover for this type of property, due to it being empty for long periods of time and for being at risk of damage.

But how can you make sure your second home is kept well protected in the event of break-in or damage?

As a specialist holiday home insurance broker, we provide a tailored service that offers a full range of holiday home insurance products. Our holiday let insurance is designed for people who own properties which are not classed as their main place of residence, rather their second home or getaway hotspot.

With these specialist holiday home insurance products, we offer a bespoke underwriting service.

Holiday home insurance UK

Holiday homes can be difficult to cover under standard insurance policies. You may have a different type of property with features that require a different kind of second home insurance.

Perhaps you're looking for holiday cottage insurance due to the nature of your property? Maybe you own a country home with a guest building that you only visit during the summer? Whatever the case may be, Endsleigh has developed a package of non-standard, specialist insurance products to provide you with holiday rental insurance and second home insurance for many eventualities.

When it comes to holiday homes and second homes, getting a tailored insurance policy can be challenging. You've probably got a number of questions that need answering. Below, we've included some of our most common FAQs:

What does specialist holiday home insurance cover? 

Our buildings insurance policies cover up to £1,000,000. This typically covers the structure of the property, including walls, fences and outhouses rather than the contents inside. Usually this will cover your property if it needs re-building, repairs or debris removal.

Can I get a second home insurance?

We insure a variety of properties for differing circumstances and when you phone our specialist team for a quote we can answer any of your questions regarding cover for your second home. We also offer holiday let insurance cover for commercial holiday homes, or alternatively just for when family and friends will be staying there.


Anyone who takes out second home insurance should always notify their insurance company that it is for a second home. If you fail to do so, your insurer could refuse to pay out if you make a claim.


Need cover for a different type of non-standard property?

Related products