Unoccupied home insurance

Cover for your home if it’s left unoccupied for an extended period of time, such as during renovation, sale or probate.

  • With over 15 years’ experience insuring unoccupied homes, we know that flexible cover and great price are important to you
  • Our expert non-standard property team understands your unique situation and can provide you with insurance options to protect both your buildings and contents

Call our specialist team now on 0333 234 1507

…or arrange for us to call you. Lines open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.

If your home is left unoccupied for more than 30 days, whether it’s awaiting sale, being renovated or waiting for the completion of probate, it’s likely that cover will be restricted on a standard home insurance policy.

We can search our panel of leading insurers to find you a home insurance policy to protect your unoccupied property.

Our unoccupied home insurance covers:

  • Your buildings against perils such as fire, earthquake or explosion
  • Up to £2 million property owners liability cover included as standard
  • Damage caused by theft or attempted theft
  • Malicious damage
  • Structural damage against subsidence, heave or landslip
  • Cover against flood and storm damage
  • Damage caused by escape of water or oil
  • Riot and impact
  • Public liability cover included as standard

Just three simple steps to protect your unoccupied home:

  • Contact our specialist team today on 0333 234 1507 or arrange for us to call you
  • Talk to us about your property - we'll find our best price for you
  • Tell us you want to go ahead and we'll get you set up today

Our partners

Non Standard Home Underwriters

Why Endsleigh?

  • With over 15 years' experience insuring non-standard homes, our specialist UK based property team can shape the right solution for you.
  • We work closely with leading specialist insurers including Towergate, Midas and BGP to ensure we can provide you with flexible insurance options for your non-standard needs.
  • In addition to our property expertise, we're also a provider of car insurance, travel insurance, gadget insurance, landlord insurance and more.


Need cover for a different type of non-standard property?